We have a vast array of opportunities for anyone to get involved. Our most important feature is Analysis & Comment. Feel free to write an article on any political subject of your choosing (analytical, comment, debate – you name it) and simply email it to canvas[at]sheffield[dot]ac[dot]uk, or make use of the submission form below.
We will then consider your article for publication. By sending us an article, you agree to our simple terms and conditions: namely, we have editorial discretion and will be able to edit as we see fit. This will involve checking spelling, grammar, but could also be to make the article more effective through a few minor edits.
We will not publish articles that:
- Do not fall within the word limit (500 to 900 words);
- Incite racial or religious hatred and/or violence;
- Require substantial editing from the writer;
- Do not adhere to our six-step format (see below);
- Are incomprehensible.
There is a simple six-step format that we require for all submissions:
- Title (and word count in brackets)
- Abstract (20 words)
- Name (we accept pen names)
- Main body of article
- Sources and Further Reading
We aim to publish articles within seven days of receipt. However, if there is a back-log of articles throughout a busy period, then it may take a while longer before publication.
[contact-form 1 “Contact form 1″]